What Is The Delta Music Academy?
Music and creativity are critical to the overall development of a child. In a post by dosomething.org, they listed several important facts regarding music:
- Children who study music tend to have larger vocabularies and more advanced reading skills than their peers who do not participate in music lessons.
- Children with learning disabilities or dyslexia who tend to lose focus with more noise could benefit greatly from music lessons.
- Music programs are constantly in danger of being cut from shrinking school budgets even though they’re proven to improve academics.
- Children who study a musical instrument are more likely to excel in all of their studies, work better in teams, have enhanced critical thinking skills, stay in school, and pursue further education.
- In the past, secondary students who participated in a music group at school reported the lowest lifetime and current use of all substances (tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drugs).
- Schools with music programs have an estimated 90.2% graduation rate and 93.9% attendance rate compared to schools without music education, which average 72.9% graduation and 84.9% attendance.
- Regardless of socioeconomic status or school district, students (3rd graders) who participate in high-quality music programs score higher on reading and spelling tests.
- A Stanford study shows that music engages areas of the brain which are involved with paying attention, making predictions and updating events in our memory.
- Much like expert technical skills, mastery in arts and humanities is closely correlated to a greater understanding of language components.
- Young children who take music lessons show different brain development and improved memory over the course of a year, compared to children who do not receive musical training.
We believe that the arts are important to the creative development of a child. The goal is to take the indigenous musicians in our community and provide them with a platform to teach kids about music and the arts. Kids from all ages would be able to apply.
Because Every Student Matters
We find that many kids today struggle academically and socially. Our organization provides tools and resources to help them overcome challenges giving them a chance to be successful in life. Jesus was clear that children were important and because Jesus believed that, we believe that.
Watch the short video that will help create perspective.