What Is The Delta Leadership Academy?
Leadership is influence. Nothing more, nothing less. Throughout the course of our lives, we will consistently influence people, whether we consider ourselves a leader or not. Being a leader has more to do with influence and less to do with a position or a title. Let’s face it, there are many people that have a title but have little to no leadership ability.
In a recent article from goremotely.com, they list out a few leadership statistics that give us a glimpse into the importance of leadership:
- A whopping 79% of employees will quit their jobs due to lack of appreciation from leaders.
- 69% of Millennials believe there is a lack of leadership development in the workplace.
- Only 15% of women have board of director roles in the workplace.
- 91% of Millennials will stay in their jobs for fewer than three years
- 83% of enterprises believe it’s important to develop leaders at all levels in a company.
- Only 5% of companies have integrated leadership development in their corporations.
Strong leadership is critical to break intergenerational poverty. Leaders can not only influence change personally but systemically as well.
Our mission as a non-profit is to help kids fight intergenerational poverty. So what does that really look like and how do we set up kids for success in spite of their circumstances?
RE>DIRECT, the holistic after-school program, provides students with a foundation through 7th grade. This program has a track record of success and gives students a solid foundation to build upon.
Delta Leadership Academy began as a thought much like RE>DIRECT did. It birthed out of a need to help students continue their leadership development into their high school years. Leadership development does not stop with RE>DIRECT, it needs to continue into the Delta Leadership Academy.
We have designed a Leadership Academy that will take kids 8-11 grade students and teach them leadership, entrepreneurial skills, as well as business/investing management. This 3 year program will take kids on a life changing journey to prepare them for the real world.
- Entreprenuerial Skills
- Business Skills
- Workforce Development
- Leadership Principles
- Stock Market/Banking Principles
- College Prep
- Field Trips
- Hand On Internships
In order to facilitate this program we need our own facility to conduct it in. This gives us the flexibility needed to help our students further become the leaders that we know they can become.
Funding is needed to help make this a reality. If you can help with this project please contact us.